Is Laser safe?
Yes, at BeautybyMBK our laser hair removal is safe. Following the correct treatment protocols, there is an extremely low risk of complications when our experienced practitioners operate the laser for a given skin type. The Soprano Ice Titanium system is one of the safest on the market. Unlike traditional laser machines where all the laser energy is delivered in shots, the applicator used on the Soprano Ice Titanium machine is passed back and forth over the area to be treated; this ensures that energy and warmth builds up over a few seconds giving you a measure of control over the heat you experience.
How does laser work?
During laser hair removal, a laser emits a light that is absorbed by the pigment (melanin) in the hair. The light energy is converted to heat, this then damages the hair follicles and slows down hair growth.
What is the difference between IPL and Laser?
Laser Hair Removal treatments are more concentrated, so long-term results are more effective than IPL. The nature of the laser is that they can focus light deeper into the pores of the skin, getting closer to treat the follicle and prevent hair growth.
IPL is an Intense Pulse Light that treats using a full spectrum of light with different scattered wave lengths, while a laser uses one specific wavelength of light. IPL can release light over a wide wavelength range, unlike lasers, which can only deliver one specific, yet very powerful, wavelength.
What are the benefits of Laser?
1. Save money
Although laser treatment can be costly, it saves people money in the long term. The average amount women spend on waxing in their lifetime is £17,000, with the average cost of shaving for women set at £7,000. Laser treatment prices vary depending on the type of laser machine and the area/areas being treated.
2. Save time
Along with saving money, laser hair removal can save people time, too. 88% of women are reported to spend over four months of their life removing body hair.
3. Say goodbye to ingrown hairs
Ingrown hairs, can usually result from waxing or shaving. They occur when the hair grows back into the skin. They appear like little red bumps on the skin and can be itchy and sore. Sometimes they can become infected and need treating with antibiotic creams or tablets. Laser hair removal kills the follicle, stopping new hairs growing and therefore preventing ingrown hairs. It’s a lasting treatment, so you should be free from ingrown hair for years to come.
4. Improved skin
Shaving and waxing can irritate the skin. A common complaint of shaving is dry skin and rashes, and people who wax often suffer from red bumps and even boils. While some people do find that their skin is slightly red immediately after treatment, this tends to go down within a few hours. In the long term, the skin should be silky smooth and no longer having to repeatedly remove hair will prevent ongoing irritation.
How many sessions do I need?
Instant results can sometimes be visible even after 1 session, (this is dependant on many factors); however for maximum results it is recommended to start with a course of 8 sessions. In areas such as the face, intimate areas and under arms , the hair is thicker therefore extra sessions may be required.
Will the laser work on fine, light hairs?
Laser hair removal will only work effectively on dark pigment hairs that are thick.
What areas can be treated for Laser
- Full Face
Intimate Area ( Females only)
What is the difference between Permanent hair reduction and Permanent hair removal?
The reason we say Permanent hair reduction as opposed to permanent hair removal is due to biological changes that can occur after a course of laser treatment. For example, during pregnancy and menopause, hair growth can be stimulated through hormonal changes that occur within the body. Some illnesses and medication can also cause a hormone imbalance which can contribute to hair growth.
Is laser just for women?
Absolutely not, at Beauty By MBK we offer laser hair removal for female, males, trans and any other gender you may identify yourself as.
What is laser hair removal?
Laser Hair removal is the process of hair removal by means of exposure to pulses of laser light that destroy the hair follicle.
Are there different laser machines?
In the aesthetics and Medical industry there are different brand laser machines, these lasers can differ in terms of which Fitzpatrick skin types can be treated, pain levels and also effectiveness.
What laser machine will be introduced to Beauty by MBK?
We are proud to announce the award winning Alma Soprano Titanium Machine will be available soon.
What makes the Alma Soprano Titanium machine so special?
The Soprano Titanium is the newest version of the popular, award-winning Soprano laser hair removal system. It is the most complete and effective laser hair removal system available today.
Soprano Titanium, developed by Alma – the world-leading provider of energy-based solutions for the surgical, medical aesthetics and beauty markets . Thanks to its large 4 cm applicator and advanced cooling system, treatments are now much faster and virtually pain free – offering a significantly improved solution for patients and practitioners alike.
Soprano Titanium leverages the benefits of three combined wavelengths, with an improved patient experience and a business-oriented approach, creating a unique and result-driven new solution in the world of professional hair removal.
Soprano has a unique cooling system called Ice Plus that continuously cools your skin and makes sure you are comfortable throughout the entire treatment. The Ice Plus, cold sapphire tip also minimises the risk of burns, while maintaining the heat deep within, where hair follicles are treated.
Are there any side affects?
Risks of side effects vary with skin type, hair colour, treatment plan and adherence to pre-treatment and post-treatment care. The most common side effects of laser hair removal include:
- Skin irritation. Temporary discomfort, redness and swelling are possible after laser hair removal. Any signs and symptoms typically disappear within several hours.
- Pigment changes. Laser hair removal might darken or lighten the affected skin. These changes might be temporary or permanent. Skin lightening primarily affects those who don't avoid sun exposure before or after treatment and those who have darker skin.
Rarely, laser hair removal can cause blistering, crusting, scarring or other changes in skin texture. Other rare side effects include greying of treated hair or excessive hair growth around treated areas, particularly on darker skin.
Laser hair removal isn't recommended for eyelids, eyebrows or surrounding areas, due to the possibility of severe eye injury.
How Should I prepare for laser hair removal?
- Please do not shave on the day of your treatment as this will irritate your skin.
- Shave the area completely at least 24 hours before treatment – no more than 48 hours .
- Do not apply cosmetics/ Perfume/ lotion/ deodorant on the area on the day before treatment.
We must carry out a patch test a minimum of 72 hours before treatment on each area to be treated. Without a patch test you cannot be treated.
What Should I avoid during the course of Laser Treatment?
What to avoid:
- Avoid exposing skin to UV light (sunlight or sunbeds) or self-tan for at least 2 weeks after treatment. This is to minimise darkening of the skin (hyperpigmentation).
- Avoid heat treatments such as spas, steam rooms and saunas for 7 days.
- Avoid excessive scrubbing or applying pressure to the skin for 4-5 days. This is to allow the treated skin to recover and to prevent any infection.
- Avoid shaving the treated area for 72 hours after treatment.
- Avoid exercising for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid hot baths and hot showers for 48 hours.
- Avoid anything that involves chlorine (e.g. swimming) for 48 hours.
- Avoid make-up on the treated area for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid the application of perfumed products or bleaching creams for 48 hours.
- Avoid scratching the treatment area if blistering or crusting occurs, as this can cause scarring.
- Avoid waxing, tweezing and threading for the complete duration of the treatment course.
Steps to take after your treatment and between sessions:
- Apply an ice-pack on the treated area to reduce pain, discomfort or irritation.
- Apply aloe vera gel or calming creams for 3 days after the treatment.
- Wear loose clothes to avoid friction on the treated area for 48 hours.
- Keep treated area clean and dry for 48 hours.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use at least SPF 50 sunscreen daily (with Zinc) on exposed areas.
Will laser work if I have PCOS?
The benefits of laser hair removal for women who have PCOS are significant, having a great impact on the amount and the rate of hair growth. By the end of a course of treatment, we typically see a significant reduction.
Initially we recommend a course of eight treatments on the area(s) of concern, then a maintenance treatment every three to four months. However, this is very much dependent on each patient, and some will not need many maintenance treatments at all.
The question that we get asked most frequently regarding Laser Hair Removal for women who have Polycystic Ovaries is whether “Laser Hair Removal is a permanent solution?”. The answer is that any hormone changes, for example those experienced during pregnancy, can lead to changes in hair growth.
Can I have laser if I’m pregnant or breastfeeding?
Laser hair removal is not permitted on pregnant or breastfeeding females.
Contraindications to Laser Hair Removal
1. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, postpartum period
2. Cancer (ongoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy)( 5 years after remission- a medical note will be required)
3. Hormonal treatment
– individual hormonal therapy
– infertility treatment
– thyroid disease treatment
4. Medication ( You must make us aware of any medication you are using/ have used in the last 24 months before treatment)
– antibiotics (break between the last dose and the treatment is a minimum of 4 weeks)
– Anticoagulants (blood thinners)
– Retinoids (break between the last dose and the treatment is a minimum of 6 months)
– Photosensitisers (phototoxic, photoallergic – break between the last dose and the treatment is a minimum of 1 week)
5. Cosmetics with
– vitamins A, C and E
– fruit acids
used on the treatment area require 4 weeks break before the treatment
6. Herbal Remedies
– St John’s Wort, calendula
– herbal slimming teas
– herbal antidepressants
stop use 1 week before the treatment
– sun tanning (stop use minimum 4 weeks before treatment)
– sunbed (stop use minimum 4 weeks before treatment)
– self-tanning creams (stop use minimum 4 weeks before treatment, or the treatment can
be performed after tan has been removed)
8. Hair removal with tweezers, waxing or mechanical epilator (stop use minimum 4 weeks before facial treatment and 6 weeks for other areas of the body) or with specific depilatory creams (stop use minimum 1 week before the treatment)
9. Facial cosmetic treatments are possible 7 days in advance or 14 days after the treatment
10. Exfoliating products should be stopped a week before the procedure
11. Skin prone to discoloration or bruising
13. History of keloids
14. Fillers, Botox
15. Dermatological skin changes (active bacterial, viral or fungal skin infections)
– Herpes (the treatment is possible 2 weeks after the infection is treated)
– Nevus (moles, beauty marks etc)
– Photo dermatoses (skin sensitivity to the sun)
– Reticularis (mottled skin)
– Vitiligo (relative contraindications)
16. Epilepsy (relative contraindications)
18. Ongoing or planned surgical operations
19. Feeling of heavy legs (venous changes)
20. Alcohol (24 hours before and after)
21. We cannot treat individuals under the age of 18.
Is hair removal with Soprano Titanium safe for dark skin?
Yes. While the melanin in dark skin is exponentially more sensitive to the heat used in laser treatment, Soprano Titanium’s SHR method has been clinically proven to be the safest for dark skin types. Rather than exposing the hair follicle to a single high energy pulse which can cause trauma to skin with a high melanin count, SHR gradually heats the skin until the required heat energy is delivered to the hair follicle. This makes SHR the safest laser hair removal option, including for dark skinned patients.
Can Soprano Titanium be used in the summer and can it treat tanned skin?
Yes. Soprano Titanium’s SHR method affects the melanin of the skin using a unique method, allowing the procedure to be performed anytime of the year as well as on tanned skin. Furthermore, sun exposure is less traumatic to the skin following SHR treatment.
How is Soprano Titanium different from other Soprano hair removal systems?
The 3D, simultaneous lasing of the three most effective laser wavelengths for hair removal (755nm, 810nm and 1064nm) are present in both the Platinum and Titanium machines however, unlike the older versions of Soprano machines , the Titanium comes with the Quattro TM, an extra-large spot size covering an enormous grid of 600-900 cm2, which means shortening treatment time by 40%!
The unique ICE technology revealed in the Soprano ICE and Platinum versions is upgraded in Soprano Titanium to ICE Plus – The most advanced cooling system, combining TEC and Inverter cooling technologies to offer an unparallel treatment experience for the patient.
Soprano Titanium’s superior feature set is further enhanced with dual connectors, enabling sequential usage of two separate applicators, simplifying and shortening treatment procedures.
Unlike previous Soprano versions, Soprano Titanium features SHR which is the ground breaking in-motion™ technology that ensures full coverage whilst the ICE Plus technology cools the skin surface; this prevents superficial burns and allows for virtually painless, yet highly effective hair removal.
What can cool better than Ice?
Soprano has a unique cooling system called IcePlus that continuously cools your skin and makes sure you are comfortable throughout the entire treatment. The IcePlus, cold sapphire tip whilst maintaining the heat deep within through treatment, it also minimises the risk of burns.
Is hair removal with Soprano Titanium really painless?
Soprano Titanium uses Alma Laser’s SHR method, which is the only clinically proven method of laser hair removal that is virtually painless. The unique heating and energy delivery method effectively damages the hair follicle while preventing injury and pain to the surrounding tissue. At the same time it is integrated with ICE Plus an advanced technology that continuously cools skin and facilitates range-controlled temperature throughout the entire treatment. The ICE Plus™ cold sapphire tip minimizes epidermal risks while maintaining heat within the dermis where hair follicles are treated. Temperature remains controlled and constant which contributes to the diode’s efficiency.
ICE Plus is an advanced technology that continuously cools skin and facilitates range-controlled temperature throughout
the entire treatment. The ICE Plus™ cold sapphire tip minimises epidermal risks while maintaining heat within the dermis where hair follicles are treated. Temperature remains controlled and constant which contributes to the diode’s efficiency. Patients can now enjoy a completely pain-free, cool and comfortable experience throughout the session.
How long does each session take?
Actually, Soprano Titanium is so fast that you can do it during your lunch break.
Another amazing benefit of Soprano Titanium Ice is its extra-large treatment applicator (4 cm – twice as large as the normally used one). This means that the coverage area is much bigger, significantly shortening treatment times and making the entire hair removal process much more comfortable and convenient. You’ll be out and about in less time than ever before.
What results can I expect with Soprano Titanium laser?
The result: A 50 to 80% (or better) reduction in unwanted hair. Hair is natural to your body and it grows in stages. At any given time, not all hairs are growing and
lasers are most effective at targeting the growing hairs. In practice, no laser destroys all of the hair follicles. Some follicles are destroyed, while others are reduced to fine hairs or shocked into prolonged dormancy. Multiple treatments provide the best results.
What should I expect to experience during my laser treatment?
During your laser hair removal session with the Alma Soprano Titanium, a gel will be applied onto the area that is going to be treated, as the laser is moved in an up down, side to side motion, heat will gradually build up, however the laser head will feel cool making treatments a more comfortable experience. You may feel slight tingling sensation during your treatment.
Do my hairs immediately fall out after the treatment?
It usually takes 10-14 days for the treated hair follicles to shed. Laser hair removal actually destroys the root of hair follicle while it is still in its hair cycle. Once, the hair cycle of the follicle will complete, it will shed away eventually.
How often do you need to have a session?
For laser on the face every 4 weeks, for the body every 6 weeks. After the course is completed, top ups can be done.
Why Choose Beauty By MBK for laser?
It’s important for you to know that you’re in safe, experienced hands ..The skills and knowledge of the clinician delivering your treatment can also alter the outcome , at Beauty By MBK all of our staff are highly trained and have extensive experience with Laser hair removal.
We offer competitive prices for the Soprano Titanium with a flexible instalment plan to accommodate our clients needs.
We offer pay as you go for single sessions only, there are discounted packages for courses of 6 and 8 sessions. For more information please click here.
Deposits and Instalment plan
For courses of 6 and 8 you can pay upfront , If you would like to pay in instalments we offer a flexible payment in 3 instalments we will take 50% deposit, after the second session 30% then after the 5th session the outstanding 20%. We have provided this instalment to spread out costs for customers who can’t afford to pay upfront.
Please note that all payments are non refundable and non transferable.