DermaQuest Salicylic Peel
- Deeply exfoliating, penetrates right down into the follicle
- Controls inflamed pustules and redness associated with blemishes
- Acts as an effective anti-inflammatory, boosting the skin's response to sensitising factors
- Increases the skin's ability to retain moisture
Why the Salicylic Acid Peel?
The Acne Solution Salicylic Acid Peel was clinically designed to comprehensively manage mild to severe acne by:
Containing physician level Salicylic Acid to penetrate and decongest follicles
Actively reducing redness and inflammation
Preventing future breakouts
Targeting blemish causing bacteria
Continuing to address acne concerns even after its application
Using 30% Salicylic Acid
The Salicylic Acid Peel is ideal for treating acne grades two and three:
Grade two: Larger number of Blackheads & Whiteheads Papules & Pustules with slight inflammation
Grade three: Larger number of Blackhead & Whiteheads More profuse reddening and a greater number of inflamed Papules and Pustules
The Salicylic Peel has numerous performance ingredients including:
- Salicylic Acid - a BA (Beta Hydroxy) Acid which helps to combat oily skin and acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Skinasensyl - a peptide that actively reduces discomfort of the skin
- Lilac Plant Stem Cells - the strong anti-inflammatory properties protecting skin cells from external damage while reducing redness and blemishes
How many treatments will i need?
A course of 3 is recommended for the best results.
As you know the skin is a very complex organ and will respond in different ways with different people, it really depends on the client’s background regarding medication, skincare products, Fitzpatrick etc.
When the skin is introduced to active ingredients for the first time it can on some occasions become over stimulated to quickly causing the skin to respond by creating a dermal clear out, slight tenderness, an erythema, slight flacking due to the cell renew process becoming faster, these are not bad reactions, they are normal skin reactions a client with an unbalanced, dehydrated skin may experience.
- Directly after your Salicylic Acid peel you may experience some redness, this will fade within 24 hours
- Three to six days following your peel you can expect some skin flaking, please do not exfoliate this as your skin will be sensitive.
- As with all acne treatments you may experience a breakout following the peel, this is the pores being naturally cleansed and will lessen after each treatment.
- Total recovery time, including peels and breakout could be seven to ten days.
You will need to prep your skin prior to treatment and the time prepping will depend on your Fitzpatrick. You will need to use DermaQuest products to prep. This will be discussed in your consultation with your Meliz.